Stuffed peppers, mashed cauliflower with sour cream and cheese, and a salad - This entire plate was only 8 PointsPlus values!! And let me tell you.. I am stuffed!
So lately I have been obsessed with food photography (although clearly mine is not as wonderful looking as the websites that have had me drooling at my desk the last couple of weeks!) Anyway, I took a shot at it while I was cooking dinner tonight and since my friend Michelle asked me for the recipe, I figured I would write a blog about it! :)
I got this recipe for the stuffed peppers from my PointsPlus cookbook!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil * I didn't have any basil so I used Italian seasoning instead*
- 4 green, red, or yellow bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
- 1/2 cup tomato puree or tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together beef, rice, onion, peas, Parmesan, tomato paste, garlic, thyme, and basil in a large bowl.
3. Spoon mixture evenly into bell peppers. Stand peppers in shallow baking dish or casserole. Pour tomato sauce over peppers,
4. Add enough water to baking dish to come partway up sides of peppers.
5. Cover baking dish with foil and bake, basting peppers occasionally with tomato liquid, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until peppers and rice are tender and filling is cooked through, about 20 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*I added a slice of WW cheese to the top of each pepper because I am a cheese LOVER!
Nutritional Info: (1 stuffed pepper)
301 grams, 209 cal, 5 g total fat, 0 g trans fat, 34mg Chol, 124mg Sod, 26 g total carb, 7g total sugar, 5g fiber, 17g protein. PointsPlus: 5 (plus the slice of cheese that I added = 6)
So then I made the mashed cauliflower. I just steamed that in my steamer for a half hour then added Adobo, pepper, 2 more slices of cheese (see above lol) and a dollop of Daisy (sour cream!) and mashed it all up!
I used 1tbsp of FF Catalina dressing on my salad = 1 point
I am soo stinkin FULL and it was only 8 points! I usually use a lot of points on dinner, which is a habit I have to get used to changing because soon my daily value will be cut back by 7!!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday!!