I'm going to post the recipes in a separate blog.. let me just tell you about the experience first!
So we got there and they had a cocktails waiting and bruschetta with roasted reds and mozzarella, which is one of my top fav foods of all time! Then we got in teams of 4 and the chef gives you pre-portioned trays with all the ingredients that you need for the given recipe and walks you through everything. You prep it all, cook it all, then sit down at a big table and GRUB! I seriously can't wait until we are able to go again!
You can look up a class near you here!
- When we got there they had Antipasto with olives, roasted reds, fresh mozz & bruschetta put out to munch on along with some yummy cocktail
- Assorted seafood salad - bay scallops, shrimp, & squid in this lemony, zesty saucy thing.
|The seafood salad in the making|
- Linguine with clams / clam sauce
- Crab and spinach stuffed flounder with champagne saffron butter sauce (that sauce was to die for!!) Also stuffed in there was pine nuts and raisins.
|Before the butter went in|
- Arugula salad with onions, walnuts, bleu cheese, and anchovies with a balsamic vinaigrette (you can see me making the vinaigrette in the video I'll post below!)
Let me tell you... every delectable bite that went into my mouth was like a little piece of Heaven on Earth!!
Here was the final presentation although pictures don't do it justice..especially considering I am far from the food photographer that I wish I was!!
The experience was a little pricey but it was a Christmas present from my honey that we were just using. It was well worth it and he would agree! The chef was amazing.. the people were awesome to talk to..just all around a great time.
Here are some more pics of us:
|Chef KJB in the house!!|
|The best boyfriend in the whole wide world|
|Throwing down ;)|
|My honey learning how to correctly chop and onion|
Oh that's another thing that was pretty neat. It wasn't just about following the recipes but it included technique..how to properly chop and dice vegetables, how to cook down the champagne, steam the clams, etc...
Here I am making the vinaigrette:
And another video of the whole class. The teacher is explaining mixing the safron with the sugar that went into the champagne butter sauce..
Okay so when I get a chance to look at the recipes and figure out the points, I'll be sure to post them!!
Have a great night,
Looks like you had an awesome time, what an amazing gift from your fella! I tried to comment on your post about the 5k the other day but Blogger was down and wouldn't let me post!! Just wanted to say congrats on finishing the 5k and I'm so glad you had a lovely weekend! And once again, your little one is adorable!!!
Post a Comment