The reason for today's post is to share a little more about myself and challenge myself to think about what means the most to me. My good friend Dacia, over at Thirty Three and Counting posted a blog yesterday that I really enjoyed. Please check her out, she is an incredible inspiration! Her blog is based off another blog about 95 Questions To Help You Find Meaning and Happiness. Okay, so this isn't completely weight loss related but it's ME related and since it's MY blog, I make the rules. LOL
Anyway, I'm not going to answer all 95 questions today, I'm going to break it up into a few different blogs. I encourage you to answer these questions on a piece of paper or on your blog and do some self reflecting of your own! If you do, please do link my blog as well as let me know that you posted it so that I can read your answers :) All love in the blogosphere!
1. In one sentence, who are you? I am a one of a kind individual made up of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.
2. Why do you matter? Because God made me in His image to play a critical piece in His plan.
3. What is your life motto? Forgive quickly, kiss slowly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.
4. What’s something you have that everyone wants? True love
5. What is missing in your life? The physical presence of my father who is in Heaven.
6. What’s been on your mind most lately? Bettering myself.
7. Happiness is a ________? hug from my daughter.
8. What stands between you and happiness? Not a thing.
9. What do you need most right now? I can honestly say that I have everything that I need in life. Anything else would be something that I want.
10. What does the child inside you long for? The innocence of not knowing there is cruelty that exists in the world.
11. What is one thing right now that you are totally sure of? Myself.
12. What’s been bothering you lately? The realization that people are not instinctively kind hearted.
13. What are you scared of? My baby girl ever getting hurt in any way.
14. What has fear of failure stopped you from doing? In the past it has stopped me from making the changes in myself that I am currently undergoing.
15. What will you never give up on? My family.
16. What do you want to remember forever? The day I reach my goal weight.
17. What makes you feel secure? My faith in God. And my man's arms around me.
18. Which activities make you lose track of time? *sigh*......Facebook......
19. What’s the most difficult decision you’ve ever made? Things that have seemed like the hardest decision at the present time, looking back now, had pretty clear "right answers".
20. What’s the best decision you’ve ever made? To take the first step towards my transformation.
21. What are you most grateful for? My baby girl.
22. What is worth the pain? Hard work.
23. In order of importance, how would you rank: happiness, money,
love, health, fame? Love, happiness, health, money, fame.
24. What is something you’ve always wanted, but don’t yet have? A house! (I love my apartment but I'd love a house with a yard and a doggy)
*I just wanted to share this video with you. I absolutely love when it comes on PBS while my daughter is watching cartoons. Not only does it make ME feel good but I know that it is sending her a positive message, whether or not she can understand it yet!*
"If what I am is what's in me then I'll stay strong, that's who I'll be."
More questions to come soon!
Until next time,