A new year is always so exciting. It bring such a sense of rejuvenation and motivation. Forces us to recommit to our goals because everybody needs a New Year's Resolution!
So tell me, what is/are your New Year's Resolution(s)?
Mine is to get FIT. I mean FIT FIT. Not keep losing weight...but take fitness to a new level. To do that I have several other resolutions that will help me to reach that goal.
PUSH GOAL (My main focus goal): Get ripped.
Goals that will help me to reach my PUSH goal:
- Add a clean eating regimen in addition to my Weight Watchers. *I'll explain in a bit.*
- Workout 5-6 days per week - no excuses!
- Complete INSANITY - the entire 60 day schedule......then do it again!
- Maintain my mental and spiritual health daily by dedicating at least 20 minutes to meditation daily. (Hey, I have an 18 month old...20 minutes to myself is a long time!)
- Complete Warrior Dash in June!
- Reach my goal weight.
- Reach LIFETIME status with Weight Watchers!
- Become a Weight Watchers leader.
- Expand my blog.
- Make money in one way or another related to health and fitness.
So about clean eating, I have been doing a lot of research on what it means to clean eat. I am still working on it but I think it will be a great addition to my Weight Watchers plan and I KNOW it will help me with my fitness adventures. Even though processed foods and foods high in sugar can be tracked on WW, that doesn't mean they are good for your body. So the commitment is to cut out processed foods as much as possible, cut WAY WAY back on sweets and things packed with sugar, try NEW foods, focus on lean proteins and veggies, and cut out the extra fat. I have 47lbs of body fat and that is just not cool.
|I picked up a Clean Eating magazine at the store to help me get started. They have a two week program to help you learn what it means to eat clean. I'm going to follow it! It even gives you a shopping list.
This recipe serves about 4 and I assume you could make it in the crock pot just as easily:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Dash of salt
What goals do YOU have for the new year?? Do share, you might inspire someone else to add it to THEIR goal list!
* I never weighed in last week due to being sick so I will post tomorrow what my weight loss status is after i weigh in!*
Let's IMPROVE how awesome we already ARE!