I weighed in today (I weigh myself at home since I don't have time to go to meetings with my 9 month old!).. I have a frustration with my scale.. I will explain after. My ultimate weight loss this week was 1.8lbs, which brings me to a total weight loss of 48.4lbs since September!!
A few things...
1. My scale is a PAIN in the butt! It always seems to fluctuate 2-3lbs within the 10 seconds that I got on, got off, and got back on. So I end up weighing myself like 10x to get a final answer.. whatever number I get the most, then I go with that. Oh well, it is what it is right? At least it's not jumping 10lbs like my old scale did.. I used to get so upset lol
lol i love this cartoon ^
2. My original goal when I started this weight loss journey was 50lbs. My boyfriend and I both said we lose 50lbs and we would go on vacation together (He is a little behind to say the least lol he says he is waiting to catch up!!) Now my goal is 100lbs since I have become fully committed to this weight loss thing and I still weigh over 200lbs!
Me and my honey ^ I am so blessed to have such a supportive man on my side!! He'll get with the program...he keeps telling me he doesn't want to join WW but we'll see about that ;) He's perfect in my eyes. :)
Anyway.. it is a mix of emotions hitting my first major goal:
- I am very excited and proud of myself that goal is only 2lbs away. I cry all the time lol I am an emotional roller coaster!!
- I currently weigh 207 and cannot wait to reach ONEderland. With that being so close, it makes me nervous at the same time. I am afraid that I will get comfortable being that I have not been under 200lbs in so long and stop doing what I am doing. I hope that's not the case and I talk to myself every day reminding myself of my goals but it is a little nerve racking not knowing what it even feels like to weigh 199lbs. Although I think my excitement over powers any of those emotions.
- Once I reach my 50lb goal, I have to double it!
I had a conversation last night with a new friend that I met in the gym and I told her how I firmly believe that food is a complete mind game! For example.. if you have a foot long sub in front of you, 9 times out of 10 you are going to eat all or most of that sub because you THINK you are hungry for it. However, if you have a 6" sub in front of you, you eat the whole thing, you are more likely than not going to be satisfied off that 6" and walk away from the table without thinking, "I think I need another half of a sub".. it doesn't work like that. We just need to learn how to win the game 10 times out of 10!
I recently came to the awesome realization that I have the upper hand in this game after a life long battle. I control what I eat.. food no longer controls me. It is a beautiful thing when a life long member of the chub club can say that!!
The bottom line (since this blog ended up being an array of ideas!) is that we can't give up on our goals even if we hit smaller goals along the way. That's what makes the challenge interesting!, food won't change.. we have to change our mindset about food, weight struggles is a life long emotional roller coaster but when we have control, it can be a fun and REWARDING ride!!
Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful, blessed, Sunday!!
To talk on my very last weight loss experience, I may mention it has been amazing. Tablets began to function immediately. I got it through all my body. I became slim very at once! here helped me achieve it.
Post a Comment