Then it stepped it up to 2 minutes of running and 3 minutes of walking x4 reps. I didn't think I would do it but I DID.
Yesterday stepped it up again to 3 minutes of running and 3 minutes of walking. I was really nervous about this one because for a non-runner, 3 minutes is a LONG TIME! But.. again, I did it. I had to cut the last 3 minute running segment down and break it up. I ran for 2 minutes, power walked 1 minute, then ran the 3rd minute but I still was pretty proud that I got it done. I'm not sure if the fact that The Biggest Loser was on the TV as I ran was a good thing or bad thing...just watching Jillian Michaels makes me exhausted! haha
So, here is where my nerves come in...Okay, 3 minutes is no SO bad.. I can handle that. But as I look ahead at the training schedule, by this time next week I am supposed to be up to running SEVEN minutes at a time!
On one hand I feel like this is crazy.. Krystle Bailey simply CAN NOT run for that long. On the other hand, I say this is a NEW me.. and I CAN.. and I WILL do this. I'm going with the latter because if you would have asked me two weeks ago if I could run for 3 minutes I would have told you, you were crazy!
I'm in it to win it! Normally, I would say "I won't stop until I reach my goal" .. but I don't like that saying when it comes to weight loss because when you reach your goal is when the real challenge begins and that is the worst place to stop! So I am saying, CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP!
This time next year my blog will be saying "I lost 100lbs and have ran several marathons!" Stay tuned!! ;)
- MIND OVER MATTER - Set in your mind that you CAN and you WILL do something before you even start. i.e. Yesterday when I got on the treadmill, I brainwashed myself to believe that my body IS capable of running for 3 minutes and the first time around I did it with ease. I was tired by the end but I looked at myself in the mirror and said "I GOT THIS!"
- MIX IT UP - I have realized in the past several months that switching up my workout schedule, trying different things, and surprising new muscles has really enhanced my weight loss and my flexibility! Yoga and pilates may not seem like intense workouts but you would be surprised at how bad you sweat!
- H20 - Guzzle, guzzle, guzzle!! I can't stress it enough!! You may pee all day but that means it's working!!!
- BREAK IT UP - If you don't have time during your day to fit in a 60 minute workout, break it up throughout the day. I'm no fitness expert but from what I understand, if your heart rate is up for at least 20 minutes, you are burning calories. So fit it in where you can! I like to do a few small exercises a day on busy days. Example: Yesterday I did dance cardio in the morning for 30 minutes, pilates at lunch for 20 minutes, and my treadmill run at night for 30 minutes.
- NETFLIX, DVD's, COMCAST - If you can't leave the house to go to the gym, there are a million resources right in your home. If you have Netflix streamed to your game console or to your TV, look up fitness programs. I have come to love the 10 Minute workouts they have. Gets your heart rate up and gets you moving throughout your day. Also, Comcast On Demand offers a huge array of fitness programs.
Let's do this!! We have control over our bodies.. no more "I'm just big boned" excuses or "It runs in my family." We have the power to change these things and nothing is stopping us from living healthier for ourselves and for our families!!
This blog is so inspiring! Thank you so much for being so uplifting, I just decided this week that I need to change my eating & exercising habits since I've been gaining weight over the past few months so I have a looooong way to go but blogs such as yours are going to inspire me so much to stick with it! I will be checking in to read your posts VERY often! (probably daily) lol! Keep up your great work!!!
My friend Chantal actually tweeted your link so that is how I came across your blog :)
You are doing so great! So proud of you. So inspiring!
Get it, Krystle! The part about drinking a lot of water is sooo true! Juices and sodas were the first thing I dropped, and the increase in water intake has been so good to my body. Softer and smoother skin, clearer face, and not to mention smaller waistline! Keep it up, girlie =)
Post a Comment