I scrub my food...then it's clean...then I eat it.
*womp womp* corny joke I saw on another blog hahahaha
Maybe it's better if I start by telling you what clean eating is NOT.
- Clean eating is not eating processed foods.
- Clean eating is not eating sugar. (at least very minimal amounts of sugar!)
- Clean eating is not eating foods that have ingredients that I can't pronounce.
- Clean eating is not eating foods with high fructose corn syrup....even though I can pronounce that.
- Clean eating is eating foods with fewer ingredients.
- Clean eating is fueling my body with things that are FOOD and are meant to be put into my body.
- Clean eating is trying new things. Things like tofu and polenta.
- Clean eating is more plants, lean meats, and whole grains - less snack bars, cheese, and desserts.
The other night I made tofu, quinoa lettuce wraps. This was the first time I tried quinoa and it was pretty yummy mixed with some veggies.
dry fry the tofu and cook the quinoa according to the package and mix in veggies such as onions, edamame, and water chestnuts. I just used an Asian blend veggie bag. I marinated my tofu in soy sauce and sesame oil after I dry fried it. Claire recommended putting Thai Peanut sauce on the lettuce but since I couldn't find that in the store I used Teryaki sauce instead. Followed by the quinoa mixture and the tofu - wrap and eat. It seriously was like 3 PointsPlus and was so GOOD and so filling!! KJB APPROVED!
I also tried this:
and it was NOT my cup of tea! I wanted to venture out and try something new so I did...and I didn't like it.
|KJB - NOT APPROVED. But by all means, if that sounds like your taste then see recipe above!|
I am trying all kinds of new things and look forward to more new things to come! I feel great already after just 3 days of fueling my body properly without all the saturated fat and sugars. Not that I ate THAT much of it before, but I didn't give it much thought. I feel empowered by this and change is invigorating!
For more information on clean eating, what it is, how you can do it too, and recipes, check out The Gracious Pantry. I found that blog and it has taught me so much in just a few days!!
Next on the agenda:
|I'm ready to get INSANE!!!|
I start Monday. I will be video documenting and photo documenting my journey. Stay tuned!
Lastly, thank you to all the new followers and blog readers! Thank you to all my new fans on Facebook . Check out my page Skinny Jeans Dreams! And as always, thank you for all the love and support day in and day out. This is not a journey you can take alone!!