Tuna sounds good. Tuna and crackers. Simple and delicious......
Then Chef KJB took over....
Ta-Da! Tuna stuffed peppers.
- I took 3 red bell peppers and sliced them length wise, took out the seeds.
- In a bowl, I mixed together 2 cans of tuna, chopped onion and celery, spicy brown mustard, and tahini flavored hummus along with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and black and white sesame seeds.
- As I was whipping this up, I decided it was going in the oven so I preheated the oven to 350.
- In the bottom of the peppers, I layed down fresh spinach leaves and sliced tomato and seasoned with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Top that off with the tuna mixture.
- This time I topped it with Weight Watchers cheddar cheese blend but next time I will use a cheese that melts better.
- A little more pepper because I LOVE pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes ish until it's heated through and cheese is melted.
- When I took it out, I sprayed it with a mist of balsamic vinaigrette spray dressing.