But it's a new day! I weighed in yesterday at 157.2, a loss of 1.8lbs for the week, and a total of 95.8lbs GONE!
It felt so good to finally break through and gave me the renewed sense of motivation that I had been waiting for. Now I am 4.2lbs away from -100 and 9.2lbs away from GOAL! So exciting!!! After giving birth to my daughter I was upwards of 270+ lbs. When I started WW, I was 253lbs. I can not believe that I currently weigh 157lbs. It's so surreal!!
I came across this photo of me at my sister's baby shower in Summer 2009. Gross.
Mark my words: You will NEVER see me look like that again.
No siree bob!
This is the real me and I am a work in progress:
Yesterday there was more exciting news for my dear friend, Daphne. I have spoken about her before, as she has been a huge inspiration to me and a huge part of my journey. I met Daphne through the Weight Watchers community and have become great friends with her. Well, yesterday, after 3 YEARS of perseverance, my girl Daphne reached her ULTIMATE GOAL WEIGHT!!!! She lost an incredible 111.4lbs!!!!! Check out her before and after shots:
|Congratulations to my friend!!! You continue to inspire us all!!
I often get asked, "how do you stay motivated to keep going when things get tough?" or "How did you find motivation to workout all the time?" along with other similar questions.
- Don't focus too much on the long-term goal. Set several short term goals that add up to the long-term goal. This week I was able to cut a new notch in my belt that I just bought not too long ago!
- Focus on non scale victories - most of the time they are more exciting than the scale victories. SHOUT OUT to my friend Amanda who today is celebrating wearing size 10 jeans!! Go girl!
- Create a vision board: I posted previously about that. See my vision board here.
- Keep track of your results, both on the scale and off. Keep your measurements and look back to see how far you have come. Document in pictures also, take a look back at old pics before you started your journey. You may be surprised to see the difference! I never realized how BIG I actually was until I looked back later.
- Surround yourself with like minded people and people after the same goal!
- Don't set the bar too low. Saying "I'll do my best" is not enough. Set a specific goal and then do your best to reach that specific goal.
- Just do it. Don't think about it. Just get up and go.
- When the going gets tough, KEEP GOING!!! Nobody is going to do this for you except YOU!
- REMEMBER: You are WORTH it!! Wake up with determination if you want to go to bed with satisfaction.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan, 'press on' has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race."