Jennifer Hudson completely transforms her body. People accuse of her of lying about surgery, being anorexic, and taking drugs.
President Obama.....well I won't get into politics....
The point is: YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY!! But you CAN please yourself.
As many of you have read, I received some very hateful comments and while I could respond in a negative fashion, I refuse to allow hate in my life. I am actually thankful for the comments that were posted today because they made me realize something: I don't care what others think because I am so utterly happy with who I AM that people's opinions truly do not matter.
I have found true peace within myself and within my mind. 5-10 years ago, I would have responded differently to a similar situation. I would have beat myself up wondering if what a negative person said was true and eventually come to the conclusion that I, in fact, was a bad person or did something wrong. I would have believed it and that thought would have kept me awake at night. I would have been this way because I didn't have the self love and self confidence that I have now.
When I tell you that this weight loss journey has changed my life in more ways than physical, this is just an example. Today I love myself.
I love me whether or not anybody else loves me because there are a few things I am sure of:
- I have a God that created me in His image and loves me UNconditionally even if the entire world turned its back on me.
- I have a purpose in life and everyone has a purpose in life. Negative people and negative things are put into our lives so that we can learn to deal with them in a constructive manner. Some of us learn those lessons, some of us don't.
- My daughter thinks I'm superwoman.
- My mother put in blood, sweat, and tears to raise a good, loving, caring, forgiving woman and she did a damn good job.
- My boyfriend has eyes for one woman whether she weighs 270lbs or 150lbs and thinks she is pretty fantastic and he makes sure to remind her of it daily. She = me.
- I have 1800+ followers who show me love and support daily and remind me of my purpose here on this earth. There is a reason that I was given the gift of words and the confidence and transparency to share my journey in a way that others would be afraid to do - so that others know that they are not alone.
- I look in the mirror and I love what I see both inside and out. I'm a good woman, a great mother, spouse, daughter, sister, friend and more. No, this isn't conceit. This is confidence in the person that I am. I wasn't always so proud of who I was. I have skeletons that nobody would be proud of but I have come a long way and if that means shouting to the world that I LOVE ME SOME KRYSTLE BAILEY then hear me shout. Happiness is everything.
With all that being said about ME, I now challenge YOU to go write a list. You don't have to share it with anybody. It can be for your eyes only but grab a pen and paper and write a list of everything that you love about YOU! Write down every contribution you give to the world and the people around you. Write down your favorite features about yourself, both inside and out. Write about how you have overcome certain obstacles and how you have positively influenced others. Write about what you think your purpose here on Earth might be. Write down kind things people have said to you about yourself. Write it ALL!! And if you feel so inclined, share it with somebody! They deserve to know how fantastic you are too!!
Here is the biggest part of the challenge: The next time something negative comes your way that makes you question your character, revisit that list and remember that you are freakin' FABULOUS!!!
Goodnight my faithful friends. You all mean the world to me!!!